Ken Paxton who’s political mission is to murder transgender children says he will meet with one of those students, eight-year-old MG and his mom for dinner.
The olive branch was offered by momma bear Amber Briggle of Denton Texas who says the invitation comes from the heart and without a planned agenda. Despite Paxton having led the war against transgender people specifically, her Texas son Mrs. Briggle hopes that he’ll have a change of heart after getting to know her son.
At first take, that sounds highly improbable, but then again we can hope for a miracle. We are Texans after all and aren’t we known for the goodness of our hearts?
Paxton spokesman Marc Rylander on Tuesday said his office is “already planning to reach out to this family.”
“He is absolutely willing,” Rylander said. “I assure you he wouldn’t have gone on television and said he was going to meet with them if he wasn’t going to do that.”
Mrs. Briggle her transgender son MG and Paxton have a lot to talk about. Here’re some of lowlife Paxton’s recent highlights
- Paxton believes transgender children and adults present a threat because they “present as men one day and switch back the next.”.
- Paxton attacked the Fort Worth ISD transgender policy together with the Lt Govenor calling it illegal demanding the resignation of the ISD Superintendent’.
- Found a school principal in a red river town who admittedly never has had a transgender student (problay never met one) to file a lawsuit against the federal transgender directives in a district with a judge who Paxton knew would rule against transgender people.
- Young MG might be interested in sports might look forward to playing in school. But Paxton et all established new rules this summer to deny transgender students from participating in a school sport in the gender that aligns with their authentic self.
- This week Paxton filed a lawsuit to make it legal to deny transgender people medicine and the ability to see a doctor under the Affordable Care Act (ACA)
Amber Briggle has every right to be terrified. If Paxton has his way her son will be presented with every single leading reason that young people drop out of school, use drugs and lose hope. As a long time journalist I can attest that this denial of the most basic of needs all to often leads to trans youth doing survival sex and the inevitable violence that often takes their lives.
As a transgender marathoner who ran a race in your hometown of Denton this summer Amber I find Paxton dispicable on every level. Your son has every right to attend school, feel the joy of competition, success in the workplace and and the satisfaction of having a happy home.
In the event that this man actually came to your home Mrs. Briggle, what could the conversation possibly be about? I would love to be a fly in the wall but I know I wouldn’t be able to stand it. In any case our whole community wishes you the best and are proud to call you the fearless Momma Bear.