The Dallas Transgender community is demanding answers about the murder of Chynal Lindsey, 26, the 5th murder, and as of yet, the 4th unsolved murder of a local trans woman in the past five years.
Ms. Lindsey was found in White Rock Lake on June 1st with what Police Chief Renee Hall called “obvious signs of homicidal violence”.
The chief promised an aggressive investigation into Lindsey’s slaying and urged the community to remain vigilant.
Investigators have not ruled out the possibility that the death Ms. Lindsey, a trans woman of color, as are all of the victims, might have been committed by a serial killer.
According to The Dallas Voice investigators are looking into the possibility that the shooting death of Muhlaysia Booker, an assault in April in which a trans woman, whom police did not identify, was stabbed multiple times but survived, and the Oct. 21, 2018 shooting death of Traylon Damone Brown may be connected. The spokesman also noted that the death of a fifth transgender woman, Shade Schuler, found dead in a field near Parkland Hospital, remains unsolved and at this point is classified as an unexplained death.
Even though one of the recent victims was stabbed while the other two were shot, police said there are several similarities. All three victims are trans women — although at the time of his death, friends said Brown liked to dress in drag but did not identify as transgender — and at least two of the three have the “shared nexus” of the intersection of Spring Avenue and Lagow Street in Southeast Dallas. He said in two of the cases, the victims are known to have gotten into a car with someone, while in the third case the victim allowed someone to get into her car with her.
All of the victims, including Schuler, are black trans women, Weddington said. He said that the surviving victim was able to tell police that her attacker was a large black man who was driving a silver vehicle.
- 1 Jun 2019: Chynal Lindsey 26 Dallas, Texas USA murdered Open Case
- 18 May 2019: Muhlaysia Booker 23 Dallas, Texas USA shot Open Case
- 12 May 2018 Name Unknown Dallas, Texas USA not reported Open Case
- 9 May 2018 Karla Patricia Flores-Pavon 18 Dallas, Texas USA strangled Arrest Made
- 29 Jul 2015 Shade Schuler 22 Dallas, Texas USA murdered Cold CaseOct. 21, 2018: 29-year-old Traylon Brown, a gay cisgender man who also identified as Brittany White was found “deceased inside his vehicle from homicidal violence” on Oct. 21, 2018, at 7100 Gayglen Drive, Dallas Texas.