Trump’s Army Secretary nominee, Tenn Senator Mark Green has withdrawn from consideration following revelations he had previously vowed to ‘crush evil’ ‘diseased’ transgender people by supporting his states bathroom bill. According to an email from Stephen Peters. HRC National Press Secretary nearly 25,000 people signed their petition demanding that he be stopped and more than 6,800 called their elected officials.
During an interview on Blog Talk Radio Tennessee Senator Mark Green said the government’s responsibility was to reward those who behaved well and to “crush evil” explaining he would accomplish that saying “I am going to protect women in their bathroom”.
CNN Reports In 2016, Green told a tea party group, “if you poll the psychiatrists, they’re going to tell you that transgender is a disease.” In 2013, Green blasted President Barack Obama for supporting what he said were “‘transvestites in uniform.”
Green, who is a former Army doctor, is also a self-identified “creationist” who has delivered a lecture arguing against the theory of evolution.
Green had defended himself from criticism in a Facebook post last week, writing that the “liberal left has cut and spliced my words about terrorism and ISIS, blatantly falsifying what I’ve said.”
Republican Sens. Lindsey Graham and John McCain have also expressed concern over Green’s past comments.
Green shared the “Christian Fighter Pilot.com” post “HOMOSEXUAL ACTIVISTS TARGET ARMY SECRETARY NOMINEE MARK GREEN. BECAUSE HE’S CHRISTIAN” prefacing it on Facebook with these bullet points.
The liberal left has cut and spliced my words about terrorism and ISIS blatantly falsifying what I’ve said. Let me be very clear,
1) The only people I have ever called evil are murderous terrorists trying to kill Americans.
2) The only people I have ever suggested be crushed are the terrorist enemies of our nation.
3) I have never and will never force my religion on anyone. If God gives Mankind a choice, which I believe, who am I to force my faith on anyone?
4) I believe that every American has a right to defend their country regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, and religion. It’s the radical left that won’t allow the latter.
5) I have never considered myself a judge of anyone, but I have been a protector of everyone in this nation.
It would seem that this gentleman has figured out why certain people are cutting and splicing my words to paint me as a hater. It will not stand.